No matter what age your child or which grade they’re attending this year, getting back to school can be stressful for both parents and kids. There are tips and tricks that you can use to make the transition easier on everyone and help establish good habits throughout the rest of the school year.
I am a Natures Sleep 2014 brand ambassador. I receive their products for review purposes. All opinions are my own and are not influenced in any way by the products I receive. Please note: My sleep is better than your sleep. Na na na na boo boo.
Get A Good Night’s Sleep
- Make sure that your child has everything they need for a great night’s sleep. Do not allow them caffeine before bed, make sure that they’ve used the bathroom, and that they have a comfortable mattress, clean sheets and the best pillow for their sleeping position.
- Set their room temperature to one that allows for relaxed and comfortable sleeping, leave an extra blanket within easy reach, and set a fan for soothing white noise.Since we’ve received our Nature’s Sleep memory foam mattress, we’ve definitely slept better. Even one of their foam toppers would be an improvement to the way your child sleeps (and wakes the next morning!)
Establish A Routine
- Before their official first day of school, start setting their bedtime earlier each day. Decide on which bed time works best for them according to how easy it is to wake them in the morning and how they act during the day. It’s a good idea to have a few “trial days” before their first day of school.
- Don’t plan any trips or vacations during the two or more weeks before school starts. The key is routine, and you want them adjusted to how their normal day will be.
- Create with your child a schedule for homework time and play time so expectations are established.
- Set an appointment for your kids to meet their teachers and to tour the school. This way, they’ll know where their classes are and they’ll have a familiar face, even on the first day. This is especially important if they’re starting a new school!
- Set up play dates with other kids in their class. It’s a great way to share their fears and meet their new friends in a relaxed environment and you’ll have the chance to meet other parents.
- Have your child lay out their school clothes the night before so there’s no surprises or missing items.
- Look through their backpack with them each day so they’re aware of any homework and you’re aware of any important information.
- Start a folder with important information for quick access, such as newsletters, school phone books, and calendars.
- Decide on one or two choices for breakfast – quick prep is preferred – and have a breakfast-on-the-go option for days when you’re in a hurry or running late.
Don’t miss out on another amazing night’s sleep! Check our Nature’s Sleep memory foam mattresses, pillows and other products. You really can’t pass up this month’s deal – 40% off ALL gel memory foam mattresses!
You can also sign up for their newsletter for awesome review opportunities and great deals such as 40% off (or MORE!).
Want to WIN FREE NATURE’S SLEEP PRODUCTS? Join the Nature’s Sleep Twitter chats on the FIRST and THIRD Tuesday of every month at 1:00PM EST. The next chats is:
August 26th-Back to School-Getting A Good Night’s Rest