Check out Get Out Of The Kitchen: No Bake Recipes
The last place I want to be when the temperatures rise this summer is in the kitchen. I love to bake and I love to cook, but during the summer, I’d rather be outside playing with the kids, enjoying a cold drink on the porch, or comfortable in the air conditioning – not slaving over a hot stove.
We found an awesome collection of no bake and no cook recipes for summer that are perfect for when temps rise and we lose our desire to cook. We also have some great tips for staying cool during the summer that we all could use.
10 Ways To Keep Cool When It’s Hot
1. Schedule outdoor chores early in the morning or late in the evening when temperatures are lower.
2. Wear loose fitting, lighter colored clothing.
3. Keep your lotion in the fridge so it’s cool when you apply it.
4. Avoid caffeine and alcohol as they will quickly cause dehydration.
5. Spend time with your kids at a library or other public space that is air conditioned.
6. Make your own fruit juice Popsicles to enjoy throughout the day.
7. Place an ice pack on your wrists, cooling your veins and therefore your body.
8. Drink plenty of cold water frequently throughout the day.
9. Keep plenty of fresh fruits in your fridge. The cold fruit is refreshing and keeps you hydrated.
10. Keep a cold, wet bandana – one on your head and one in the fridge in a plastic bag.