If you live in Ohio or Michigan, spring weather has one setting: wonky. On Monday, the temps will be in the 40s and you might see snow. On the following day, it could be 70 degrees and you’re eating popsicles in your backyard. I think this area is where the term “Spring Fever” was coined because we’re all feeling it.
It’s not just kids that are feeling the itch for summertime fun; parents are feeling it, too, and we need winter relief just as bad as our kids. It’s time to break free from the madness of fluctuating temps and head to Castaway Bay in Sandusky, Ohio!
At Castaway Bay, it’s always a tropical 82 degrees year ’round! There’s fun for everyone, from a toddler’s tide pool to a wave pool, from the Pineapple Pipeline to the Tropical Twister. And that’s just in the waterpark! You can purchase a day pass for Castaway Bay’s waterpark, or decide to spend the night or a weekend with your family at their hotel. Or, maybe stay a whole week for the ultimate staycation!
Dine On Site At Castaway Bay’s Restaurants
Whether it’s pizza, ice cream, or the best chicken wings this side of the Mississippi, Castaway Bay has enough restaurant choices to make everyone in your family happy – even the picky eaters!
- Big Daddy’s Snack Shack – located in the water park and features pizza, wings and breadsticks, hot dogs, warm pretzels with cheese, fresh made deli sandwiches, nachos with cheese, salads, soft serve ice cream, cookies, beer, soft drinks and ICEE frozen drinks.
- Ebb & Eddy’s – this is our favorite place to go in the morning for coffee and quick service breakfast items deli wraps and more. They even feature Starbucks coffee and beer service!
- Woody’s Chart Room adjoins Ebb & Eddy’s and features a 50″ LCD TV that shows the latest sports action along with 3 other TVs which makes a a great spot to enjoy a snack or play a game with the family.
- Mango Mike’s provides a breakfast buffet featuring fresh fruit, freshly-baked pastries, scrambled eggs, cold cereals, hash browns, pancakes, french toast, biscuits and gravy along with breakfast favorites.
- Quaker Steak & Lube offers families award-winning ribs & burgers, tempting street foods plus Best Wings USA in your choice of 25 signature sauces are available. If the weather is nice, make sure to ask for outside patio seating!
- Not in the mood to leave your room? You can always order room service! Service includes breakfast, sandwiches, salads, kids meals and wine service.
Stay In The Castaway Bay Resort
When we go to Castaway Bay, we want our stay to feel more like a vacation so we usually stay overnight. The rooms and suites there a private deck or balcony in most rooms, a flat screen television, free wireless internet, a microwave, a mini-refrigerator and coffee maker. If you’re bringing a large group, be sure to ask for adjoining rooms!
Castaway Bay is one of our favorite family-friendly vacation spots in the tri-state area! We can’t wait to hear what you think – we’re giving away 4 day passes to Castaway Bay to one lucky reader!
What’s your favorite family vacation hot spot?
*This is a sponsored post. We were provided with day passes and an overnight stay in exchange for our honest review. All opinions are our own and were not influenced in any way.