Game day doesn’t always have to mean snack food only, and mashed potatoes don’t always have to be a side dish. These organic Loaded Mashed Potatoes are perfect as a snack food or a side dish; used it as a dip with vegetables or crackers, or to soak up the yummy sauce from your slow cooker meatballs. Either way – on game day or family dinner at home – this loaded mashed potatoes recipe is sure to be a winner!
Organic Loaded Mashed Potatoes From The Microwave
Why Organic? Did you know that specific requirements must be met for a food to be labeled ‘Organic’? Organic produce contains fewer pesticides, is often fresher, and is GMO-free. People often shy away from organic because they think it’s too expensive or doesn’t look as perfect as food that is not organic. Price is often not a factor and, in the case of this recipe, imperfections are easily remedied!
Rinse 3 large organic Russet potatoes thoroughly, but do not remove the skin (there are a lot of nutrients in there!). Cut out any imperfections. Pierce potatoes with a knife and cook in your microwave for 10 minutes or until done.
While the potatoes are cooking, finely chop half of an organic red onion and 1/3 cup of organic green onion. Remove the potatoes from your microwave. Slice them into cubes and place in large mixing bowl. Add half a stick of Organic Valley Cultured Butter and stir.
Cook 3 pieces of bacon in the microwave for 3 minutes or until done (but not too crispy). You can do this easily but placing the bacon between several sheets of paper towels. Chop cooked bacon into small pieces.
In a mixing bowl, combine bacon bits, 1/3 or organic Greek yogurt, 1 cup of organic Mexican cheese, green onion, red onion, and onion powder and garlic powder to taste with potatoes. Stir first to mix, then use a manual potato masher until you achieve desired consistency.
Organic Loaded Mashed Potatoes: Easy To Print Recipe
- 3 large organic russet potatoes
- 1/3 cup Supernatural Organic Plain Greek Yogurt
- 3 Applegate Naturals Uncured Good Morning Strips Bacon, finely chopped
- 1/2 organic red onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup organic green onions, chopped
- 1 cup Organic Valley Mexican Blend Shredded Cheese
- 1/2 stick of Organic Valley Cultured Butter
- Simply Organic Onion Powder
- Simply Organic Garlic Powder
- salt and pepper
- Rinse potatoes thoroughly, but do not remove the skin. Cut out any imperfections.
- Pierce potatoes with knife and cook in microwave for 10 minutes or until done.
- While potatoes are cooking, finely chop red onion and green onion.
- Remove potatoes from microwave. Slice potatoes into cubes and place in large mixing bowl. Add butter. Stir.
- Cook 3 pieces bacon in microwave for 3 minutes or until done (but not too crispy).
- Chop bacon into small pieces.
- In a mixing bowl, combine bacon bits, Greek yogurt, Mexican cheese, green onion, red onion, onion powder and garlic powder with potatoes. Stir first.
- Finally, use a manual masher until you achieve desired consistency.