In the past, the thought of using rechargeable batteries seemed like much more work that it was worth. And, I found that they didn’t last as long as non-rechargeable alkaline batteries.
Tossing a few AA batteries into the trash might not seem like a big deal, but According to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), each year Americans throw away more than three billion batteries.
That’s enough to go around the planet 4 1/2 times every year!
For as long as there are loud and obnoxious children’s toys, there will be batteries. In your smoke detectors, in your camera, in your TV remotes – they’re everywhere. But nowhere when you need them.
What Are Pale Blue Batteries?
Pale Blue Rechargeable Batteries are a lithium polymer (LiPo) battery that can be recharged more than 1,000 times. Each set of 4 batteries comes with a 4-prong USB that plugs into each battery and then into a USB port.
Pale Blue AA and AAA rechargeable batteries have advantages over both single-use alkaline batteries and nickel-metal hydride (NiMH) rechargeable batteries.
- Less waste – One Pale Blue battery can prevent the existence and disposal of 1000 alkalines over its lifetime.
- Superior Performance – Better voltage stability, current output, stability, than alkalines and old school NiMh rechargeables.
- Ultra Fast Charging – Charges in one fifth the time of a NiMh rechargeable.
- Unmatched Convenience – On-board micro-USB charging port (4 end charging cable provided so you can charge 4 batteries at once).
- Huge Savings Potential – Recharging Pale Blue batteries means not buying disposables and this means savings for you!
Take a pack of Pale Blue AAA or AA with you – along with the convenient plastic case they come with – and take them wherever you go. Use your desktop, laptop, or travel charger to recharge them.
It should be noted, however, that when you are traveling with LiPo batteries, make sure to put them in your carryon – do not put them in your checked bag.
For more information on Pale Blue Batteries, check out their Kickstarter page.