For busy parents, there’s nothing easier for dinner than a hardy crockpot stew. This Crock Pot Cowboy Stew is perfect for the cold weather we’re all experiencing lately and is sure to warm your bones.
Crock Pot Cowboy Stew
In a small bowl with a lid, combine 2 pounds of boneless stewing beef (cut into bite-size pieces) with 3 tablespoons of flour, 1 tablespoons chili powder, 1 teaspoon of garlic powder, 1 teaspoon of Cumin, 1 teaspoon of black pepper and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Cover and shake to evenly coat.
In a nonstick pan over medium high heat brown the meat with in 3 tablespoons of oil. Add to your slow cooker. Add 2 sliced carrots, 1 chopped onion, 3 sliced celery stalks, 1 can (15 oz.) of kidney beans drained but not rinsed, a 16oz. jar of your favorite salsa, 1 cup of vegetable broth, and 1/4 cup of ketchup and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
10-15 minutes before serving, add a 14 oz. bag of frozen corn and cook until it is heated through. Serve hot and top with cheese if desired when serving.
- 2 lb. Boneless stewing beef, cut into bite size pieces
- 3 Tbsp. Flour
- 1 Tbsp. Chili powder
- 1 teas. Garlic Powder
- 1 teas. Cumin
- 1 teas. Black Pepper
- ½ teas. Salt
- 3 Tbsp. Oil
- 2 Carrots, sliced
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 3 Stalks Celery, sliced
- 1 can (15 oz.) Kidney beans, drained not rinsed
- 16 oz. Chunky Salsa (your favorite brand and heat level)
- 1 cup Vegetable Broth
- ¼ Cup Ketchup
- 14oz. Frozen corn
- 1 Cup Shredded Colby Jack Cheese for topping (optional)
- In a small bowl with a lid combine the meat with flour and spices, cover and shake to evenly coat.
- In a nonstick pan over medium high heat brown the meat with the Oil. Add to slow cooker.
- Add Carrots, Onion, Celery, Kidney beans, Salsa, Broth and Ketchup, cook on low 6 to 8 hours.
- 10-15 minutes before serving add the corn and cook until it is heated through.
- Serve hot. Top with cheese if desired.