When it comes to a good party dip, I say the cheesier the better. It really has to be loaded with flavor and when you see the cheese dripping down from the chip as you bring it to your mouth, you know you’ve hit the party dip jackpot.
I know we definitely hit the cheesy gold mine on this and it’s easy because you can start it in your Crock Pot or slow cooker and either pour it into a decorative bowl when your guests arrive, or keep it warm in the slow cooker throughout your party.
Check out this amazing recipe for slow cooker Queso Blanco dip!
Slow Cooker Queso Blanco Party Dip
In a greased Crock Pot or slow cooker, combine 1 block (8 oz.) of regular cream cheese that has been cut into 1/2 cubes, 1 pound of white American cheese that has also been cut into 1/2 cubes, 1 tablespoon of salted butter, 1 4 oz. can of diced green chiles and 1/2 tablespoon of finely chopped jalapeños. If you want to keep your deep on the milder side, you can add less or absolutely no jalapeños – it’s up to you!
If you can’t find white American cheese, ask your deli counterperson. That’s where I found mine.
Cover and cook on low heat in your slow cooker for 1 hour. Stir the mixture until well mixed, then add a tablespoon of milk at a time until you reach the desired consistency. Cook for another 15-20 minutes, or until the cheese is completely melted and combined.
Keep cheese dip in crock pot on the warm setting until ready to serve. Serve with your choice of tortilla chips!
- 1 block regular cream cheese, cut into 1/2 inch cubes (8 oz.)
- 1 pound white american cheese, cut into 1/2 inch cubes (I got this in the deli)
- 1 Tablespoon salted butter
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1/2 Tablespoon jalapeños, chopped fine (optional)
- 3-4 Tablespoons milk
- 2 Tablespoons cilantro, chopped fine (optional)
- Serve with Tortilla Chips
- In a greased crockpot combine cream cheese, american cheese, butter, green chiles and jalapeños.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 1 hour. Stir the mixture until well mixed, then add a tablespoon of milk at a time until you reach the desired consistency. Cook for another 15-20 minutes, or until the cheese is completely melted and combined.
- Keep cheese dip in crock pot on the warm setting until ready to serve.
- If you want to dial down the spice, add less jalapeños or omit them completely.
- Garnish with cilantro