This dish is one of my favorites; it’s hardy, it’s colorful and it’s delicious. As the weather gets warmer, we want to spend less time in the kitchen. Sausage & Peppers Pasta is a great way to provide your family with a good dinner without a lot of work.
Sausage and Peppers Pasta
In a Dutch oven or large pan, cook a 12 oz. box of bowtie pasta according to instructions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
Return the Dutch oven to medium high heat and brown 1 lb. Italian Sausage, cut into ½ inch slices.
Thinly slice one red onion, one yellow pepper, and one red pepper. Once the sausage is browned on the edges add the onion, yellow and red peppers and cook until softened and sausage is cooked through, about 4-6 minutes.
In a small bowl whisk together 3 tablespoons of olive oil, 1 tablespoon of Red Wine vinegar, the juice from a ½ lemon, 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning, and salt and pepper to taste.
Add the pasta to the sausage and peppers remove from heat. Add the olive oil mixture and toss to coat. Serve topped with chopped parsley.
- 12 oz. Bowtie Pasta
- 1 lb. Italian Sausage, cut into ½ inch slices
- 1 Red Onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 Yellow Pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 Red Pepper, thinly sliced
- 3 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp. Red Wine Vinegar
- Juice from ½ lemon
- 1 teas. Italian Seasoning
- ½ teas. Salt
- ½ teas. Pepper
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh Parsley, chopped
- In a Dutch oven cook pasta until al dente, drain and set aside.
- Return the Dutch oven to medium high heat and start browning the Sausage.
- Once the Sausage is browned on the edges add the Onion, Yellow and Red peppers and cook until softened and Sausage is cooked through, 4-6 minutes.
- In a small bowl whisk together the Olive oil, Vinegar, Lemon juice, Italian seasoning, Salt and Pepper.
- Add the Pasta to the Sausage and Peppers remove from heat. Add the Olive oil mixture and toss to coat.
- Serve hot topped with Parsley.