Disney’s The Little Mermaid gave us more than just a heroine that liked boys and hoarding shiny things. BTW, #LifeGoals.
The 1989 musical fantasy gave us something to share with generations of little girls and boys who dream of being a prince or princess or, in my case, the evil antagonist. Ugh, being the hero was always so dull.
It also helped fuel our obsession with anything mermaid. I mean, who doesn’t love a glittery mermaid pillow or long, flowing, mermaid-like hair?
I can’t believe it’s been 30 years since the film was released in theaters! To celebrate, our friends at Disney sent my daughter and I an amazing package so that we can host our own Girl’s Movie Night!
Hosting A Little Mermaid Movie Night
Movie night isn’t just for the kiddos; parents who loved The Little Mermaid when they were younger will also enjoy a mermaid-themed movie night!
Here are a few gizmos, whooz-its, whats-its, and snarfblats that will make your movie night Mermaid-tastic while you enjoy The Little Mermaid with your family!
- A Mermaid Tail Blanket is the perfect way to cozy up while you’re watching the film – or use it to hide your eyes when that nasty sea witch Ursula makes her first appearance!
- One of my favorite items in this package was the cool sequin mermaid pillow! We found a similar one on eBay that kids of all ages will love to snuggle with.
- Cheers to this adorable mermaid glass set that will make your movie night a little classier.
- Don’t forget to serve your favorite snacks on these iridescent seashell plates along with these mermaid napkins, just like the ones we unboxed!
- And, of course, don’t forget to pre-order your copy of The Little Mermaid Blu-Ray Combo Pack Anniversary Edition! If you pre-order by February 25, 2019, you’ll get $10 off a future online purchase of $40.00 or more.